Monday, July 24, 2006

Update #1

I mainly want to use this blog for other purposes, but I do occasionally want to give a quick update on what is going on with Cari and I since so many of my readers (do I have readers yet?) are not in town.

So, for those of you who don't know, Cari and I are in Omaha, Nebraska for a little while - probably about a year. It was quite hard to leave Cincinnati, but we're settling in, and its nice to be closer to family and some of our old friends. We'll (hopefully) save some money and pay off lots of bills, and then we'll be off someplace else so I can work on my Ph.D, which will be somewhere in the area of Cultural Studies, Religion and Culture, etc.

Cari is working for Avantas, a company owned by Alegent Health - she's in a pool of Administrative Assistants that fill in when people are on vacation or sick leave, or have to be gone for an extended period of time for some reason. She's been there for about a month now. It took me two months to find a job, because she is MUCH more employable in the business world than I am! However, two days ago I was offered a job at Ameritrade, which I happily accepted. Nothing too exciting - its a data entry position - but it pays well and I have a friend who enjoys working for the company so I think it'll be good. Honestly, I was just happy to have a job! I will also be teaching one course at my alma mater, Nebraska Christian College, this fall - a freshman Life of Christ class.

That's life right now. I hope you're all doing well.

2 comments:

CS Sweatman said...

It's good to see you up and running with this blog. I will certainly add a link to mine with the hope that others may find yours (which means, you may get one more reader). :-) It's also good to see that things are going well with you. Congrats on your job -- I know that's a huge burden/stress lifted. Take care, bro; and if I don't find you on g-mail, I'll look for you here.

Unknown said...

you are going to teach LOC AT NCC?

heeheehee...

er, I mean. wow! :)

MISS YOU! We wanna get your way sometime, but you're MORE than welcome up here if you wanna!
:) Amy