Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Jesus Action Figure?


Umm . . . so Wal-Mart is apparently set to begin selling Jesus action figures - along with other "faith-based toys" (think Samson and Daniel with a Lion's Den).  They'll only sell them in 420 stores though - only the stores that "sell a lot of Bibles."

I realize that some Christian parents want to give their children "wholesome" action figures, but seriously - what do they think their kids are doing with them?  I seriously doubt they're re-enacting Jesus healing the blind man . . . 

My favorite comment reacting to this news?  "Go ahead.  Cast the first stone!"  Hopefully they'll include that on the packaging.

9 comments:

TroyD said...

Well, is there a problem with Jesus kicking some bad-guy butt? I realize that Christians aren't supposed to take revenge because "vengence is the Lord's," so why isn't the Lord allowed to lay the smack down (i.e. judgment) on some bad-guy action figures (the Shedder, perhaps)?

Jake said...

Something about that just strikes me as "un-Gospel-ish."

Anonymous said...

I think you meant 'Shredder'? If not, I'd love to see the action figure for persistent fur loss.

Jake said...

The Shedder, bane of furry animals everywhere . . . [cue ominous music]. He's particularly feared in cold climates.

Anonymous said...

You guys are such nerds...

Jake said...

Dave, I think she's talking about you . . . I know she couldn't be referring to me.

Anonymous said...

Possibly, of course I didn't cue any music in my comment. Not saying you're more of a nerd than I, just saying, one might see music cues in comments as a sign of nerdy-ness.

Jake said...

Cool people like music too . . .

TroyD said...

well played