Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Jake Goes to Washington


Cari and I are flying to Washington D.C. tomorrow morning - we'll be spending almost a week in the area. Cari is going to visit our good friends Curtis and Amy, who live in Maryland about 30 miles away from D.C. (that's them below). While she is partying away, I will be attending the joint annual meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature and the American Academy of Religion. Its the largest gathering of biblical and religious scholars in the world - last year I believe there were over 10,000 people. Believe it or not, it is my idea of a good time. I was able to attend the conference last year and thoroughly enjoyed it - a lot of stimulating discussions, and I really appreciated the free exchange of ideas that occurred in the discussions after scholars presented their papers. This year I will also have the opportunity to meet with several scholars from the Ph.D programs I am interested in, so it should be a good week.


Needless to say, the likelihood is I won't be posting much or at all while I'm at the conference. However, rest assured I will return next week with a couple of posts on television - I know you're all waiting on the edge of your seats.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*Butt hurts from having to sit on his seat's edge all week*

CS Sweatman said...

I fell off the edge of my seat; so, I guess now I'm waiting in the middle of my floor. :-)

Anonymous said...

yeah the suspense is killing me, c'mon Jake what about the "great TV shows"

CS Sweatman said...

Or another referral to a great movie . . . just give us something, Jake . . . anything. :-)

Seriously, I do hope all is going well with you. Take care, bro!